Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Sleepless Night in Search of Sleep

It has been 2 hours, tried in vain yet not able to get it. Just longing for it yet it seems to be too far to get it and even if i get it the time left is too short to own it. Though I am trying hard not able to achieve it and obviously one of those which can be obtained only by not trying. Weird but true, strange but a fact, I am trying to sleep and i am not able to. This is not that is happening today but almost everyday. so just thought of finding out what went wrong from the moment I laid down until I slept.....

I made the tube light to sleep and waked up the night lamp to watch me sleep. The ceiling fan was too happy moving on its full speed. May be I was feeling jealous I raised and brought down its happiness with the control knob. Now it was rotating at a constant speed making a hallow sound not much disturbing me and also trying to fill the emptiness in my room.

I just lay back again in my cot with the pillow partially sandwiched between my head and the cot. I spread the blanket and covered it over me and started feeling secure getting trapped inside it (yet I know that the blanket was not a bullet proof jacket nor was I sleeping near the battle field).

Now just tried to recite a short prayer and finished it as fast as I could (as if I will lose all my time in this small duty). Hope everything is fine so will sleep and by the way just started to recollect some useful work done on the day. 4 to 5 incidents came to mind that happened on that day within 2 to 3 seconds and next I was thinking for few minutes but none of the incidents were apt to fit the word 'useful'. "Its ok”, I said to myself, "be optimistic. Tomorrow is going to be a great day".

In the meantime out of those useless 4, 5 incidents, one started growing. The rewind button has been pressed and goes back to the memory cell were it was stored (hope it should be interesting one). It was about the movie seen on that day (!). The hero should have been more courageous; at least the director should have tried to maintain the status of that hero. And this heroin, Oh why is she always like this in every movie, trying to ruin the guy (may be because movies are based on real life incidents). Then what about that song , I am not able to recollect even the first line , such a bad song. But was at least the movie a good one? Leave it, is it first of all needed to review this movie instead of sleeping. Seems as if I am reviewing this movie and tomorrow morning will write a useless blog about it (even then somebody will be there to read it, huh). Let me sleep, now closing my eyes tightly thinking what is blog.....
Yeah what is this blog? Something I can write about anything whether it does not have any matter in it nor even it matters to anybody. Similar was that blog I read recently written by that girl. I was reading that yesterday after my lunch. She has written as if she is the most emotional and sensitive personality in the world, just felt short to say that she is the guardian of true feeling which everyone has relinquished in this world.

Ok now just stop this thoughts about blog if not it will clog my mind. Now again let me sleep (why the word 'again'). I just turned right, folded my right hand and sandwiched it between the pillow and my head (got one more pillow, so tough!) hope this is ideal for sleeping..............

(I was thinking something next, now finally the sleep has succeeded the pen).

(NOTE: It was written on 03.12.2006 at 2.15am. It took sometime to come here)

5 Comments:

Blogger Anusha Nair said...

hei, good piece of research on sleep. good luck...

9:26 PM  
Blogger Anusha Nair said...

Hope you won't spend more time in sleeping on excuse of the research. If you are peaceful while sleeping, you can get a calm and peaceful sleep and u cud save wasting that time, which u spent researching about sleep. ok :-) Nice article thou... have nicely used ironies... well written!!!!

10:00 PM  
Blogger kvsd said...

Helloo Dr Asif
i have purposely left the full stop to make u happy.....

coming to your piece of writting...---to my surprise your creativity seeems to be good....its very difficult to write about nothing....but i think yours has been a good attempt....

but some where in between near to end it was not very good...otherwise it was good reading...

11:06 AM  
Blogger Irfan Haneef said...

Hi Asif.. Nice style of writing.. The adjectives and the narrations are too good... Why dont you keep writing.. on even more good stuffs.. All the best

1:14 AM  
Blogger Wahida Hamed said...

U made me laugh----I'm getting to know another part of this guy called Ahmed Asif after 10 years.

Thx to blogspot.com

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home